What is Polar Portal?
Polar Portal is an exciting new device that allows you to connect any 3D Printer to the Polar Cloud. This enables you to use all the features of the Polar Cloud on the printer you already own. Manage multiple printers; load, slice, & start your prints; and monitor your builds using a live webcam feed -- day or night.
By bringing your printer to the Polar Cloud, Polar Portal connects you to an on-line community of makers, innovators and educators and a massive database of objects, all ready to print -- instantly.
- Input (connection to Cloud): Wireless 802.11 a/c/g/n
- Output (connection to printer): USB 2.0
- Power Input: AC 100 - 240V (12V 2.5A power supply included)
Polar Portal is compatible with most FDM printer makes, including: Makerbot, Ultimaker, Lulzbot, 3DSCube, & many more! Polar Cloud can be accessed from any device with a browser, including: smart phones, tablets, Chromebooks, & PCs.POLAR PORTAL BUILD OPTIONS:
The Polar Portal is available in a variety of builds, including:
- Turnkey > A plug-and-play, pre-assembled kit
- Kit > A self-assembled kit with assembly directions
- Open Source > A list of components and downloadable STL files for Makers
A series of exciting new enclosures will be made available, in late 2016, for those wishing to print their own, using Polar Cloud.